Help retreive lost profiles (again)

dadecamp

under worked, over paid
I need help. I had a problem installing a new mobo so I reinstalled xp. I blew it :eek: and didn't do a repair so I've lost all my profiles (5 family members). How can I get them back? I really don't want to reload every program, one at a time, on each profile. All the old profiles are still on the drive, just not available.

Is there a fix?

:D That just looks to simple! I tried "select all" and copy but it failed probably because it included the 3 files. I will try this without the files mentioned in the artical tonight after work.

Thanks again

Dave

GoNz0,

That will come in handy. I just hope I won't have to use it.

By the way, using repair work great on my system 2. I sure wish I had waited on system 1 :eek:

GoNz0,

That will come in handy. I just hope I won't have to use it.

By the way, using repair work great on my system 2. I sure wish I had waited on system 1 :eek:

Dadecamp, You made the same post twice! You are like a Jacob Two-Two waiting to happen (Hey did you read those books because they are great?)

ViperSnake,
I don't know how that happened unless it has something to do with using the back button. :eek:

GoNz0,
I followed the instructions in your first message: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151 and it worked in the most part. I still had to reload office etc. and inport my email account messages and address book.
Also, after creating a new user account you need to log on to that account before it will create the C:\Documents and Settings\New_Username folder. I needed to log and off.
Other than that it's as the instructions state.

It was taking a long time until I deleted a temporay folder that had 12gb in it :eek: :eek:
I need to do house cleaning more often!

I haven't tried the second one yet since I am still working on my main profile to copy from.

Thanks for the advice,

Dave

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Dadecamp, You made the same post twice! You are like a Jacob Two-Two waiting to happen (Hey did you read those books because they are great?)

The other post was deleted. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back