Help quickly re .dmp files

Anakist

Way too much time here...
What do I view it with?? Got a 2kpro comp that is BSOD ing at startup.

First got a 0x50, then 0xc2. Trying to read the dmp file but with notepad, wordpad and word it is just gibberish. What do I use to read it so it is sensible??

James

Anakist

I get "pagepagepagepage" for lines and lines all over the place. It only does it sometimes so it is a bugger to debug. Done it twice so far, two different error messages.

James

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Damn I hate intermittent problems. Delete the dump file that is there now and you might get an uncorrupted one next time it happens.

Anakist

There is two. I will check the other. I have been told to "not make it worse" so I am not sure it is worth fixing to discover the underlying fault.

James

Anakist

Found a description in event viewer. Is 0x00000001 in between 001000000 and 1ffeffff??

If so I think I have it done.

James

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut