HELP! Problem with my comp.

S

skauch

I just bought a new computer. My comp doesnt stop making BSOD. The one i get the most often is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, i get a lot of other error. It reboots when i play games, when i look movies, when i listen music, even when i'm sleeping. I am really pissed off and i want to fix it.

My comp :
Athlon XP 2400+
Asus A7N8X-DX
1*512mb DDR400
MSI GeForce4 Ti4200 128Mb
Onboard sound card
Western Digital 80G 7200RPM

i have otheer thing but i dont think it will help.

It is possibly a driver issue. First if you are comfortable with it update the bios & see how that goes.

Also if you right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & recovery/setting. Untick automatic restart. Now you should get a more detailed error message.

I think there is some compatibility problems with the DDR and that System Board....

But do you think this will help if i buy a new stick of memory, cause the mobo is Dual DDR?

I got the same mobo (I seem to have less problems though) When you installed did you use the Asus nForce drivers, or have you used the nVidia drivers. I only ask as if you are actually using the onboard sound then and have the nVidia drivers then you will have problems, as the Asus sound is slightly modified over the normal nVidia intended one.

Other than that I got no ideas

i just download and install the new nforce driver form the asus site and it makes no differrence, i keep rebooting for nothing. i update my bios too and it makes no diff

did you put it all together yourself?

What are you using as the CPU to Heatsink Thermal Interface material?

Artic Silver compound, my heatsink is a thermaltake volcano 9

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back