Help please

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
When I want to open my system information from the start/programs/accssories/system information I end up at that stupid help center .... if I go through that and find the place for advanced system information and click it I end up back at the start of the help center ??? anyone know how to fix it so I can just view my system information without the help center crap thanks .....

Anyone ..... come on peeps someone has to know something please!!!:(

Hi Kermit, I remember you :p :)

Try getting the Windows CD, going to add/remove accesories, remove them all, then intall them again. See if that works.

Sorry can't help you kermit. I've had the same problem before but can't remember when or how I fixed it...Sorry

Have you tried winkey+r and then type in msinfo32.exe?

Originally posted by rettahc
Have you tried winkey+r and then type in msinfo32.exe?
<<<<<<<<< same result thanks for trying though

Originally posted by Nick M
Hi Kermit, I remember you :p :)

Try getting the Windows CD, going to add/remove accesories, remove them all, then intall them again. See if that works.
Hi dude remember you too !!

Ok will try that and let you know thanks:cool:

Gremlins! :D :D

Have you used a registry cleaner recently? Restore it if possible.

This issue is discussed in earlier posts here and at other forums.
They all ended up with the remarks that the problem could be caused by a registrycleaner.
Others called it a "glitsch" from MS. MSInfo works during some time after a clean install. Then suddenly it won't anymore for no special reason.

Couldn't solve it myself either. Monitored for a long time registry backups from a cleaner, but it did not give me any clues.

yeah used to have this problem myself > in the early days when I was obsessed with tweaking the services

could never figure out which disabled service was causing system information not to work ????

<-------- looks @ system information for the first time
hey this things pretty good

:p :cool: :rolleyes: :eek: :huh: :happy:

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
yeah used to have this problem myself > in the early days when I was obsessed with tweaking the services

could never figure out which disabled service was causing system information not to work ????

<-------- looks @ system information for the first time
hey this things pretty good

:p :cool: :rolleyes: :eek: :huh: :happy:

Yes services I did change one or two the other day ..that might be it now if I can remember which ones lol ...as for the reg cleaner I use reg aid and have for a long time and it never did this before ... I looked at the backups and there is no reference to anything that I dont know off ...... but thanks to all for responding ... I think its gremlins LOL hip and the gremlins , but I think Twozig has pointed me in the right direction..services thats where I am gonna look thanks everyone and will let you know if I find it..;)

Ok well I went through the services and there was not many I did touch and have put them back to the default settings , but no go It still wont work :mad:

I guess its like what was said seems that this happens for no real reason and I guess I will have to live with it. I am gonna keep trying to find out what this is about ....but seems I am not alone

thanks guys !! :)

Something to check:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm

Can't Open Msinfo32

Checkpoints: Go to Start/Run and type in: winmsd and/or click here: hcp://system/sysinfo/sysInfoLaunch.htm or
Go to Start/Run and type in: msinfo32 /categories +all -loadedmodules (exactly as written)

If the last one worked for you, and you prefer to use a batch file, download it from here ,save and run from your Desktop. Manual settings: Create a batch file containing the following lines:

C:\
cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo
msinfo32 /categories +all -loadedmodules

Verify your settings here: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSInfo
Path value = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\msinfo32.exe

Default value = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo\MSInfo32.exe
Path value = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo

Fix for Help and Support and System Information
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fixwinxphelp.htm

msinfo32 /categories +all -loadedmodules

YESSSSSSS that you yoyo that works for me .... great !!!1

good one thanks tons dude :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back