help please..

I

I.Love.XP

i have to do a project in asp and till now.. i dun even had a single idea on what to do.

Any suggestion or idea?

Thanks a lot in advance.

How big? Must it be useful? You could make a simple forum, buy-sell bulletin board or a photo album system.

My first project was a webshop system.

thanks zedric for replying my post. I got 8 months time to develop it together with the documentation. I submitted my proposal on a buy/sell system together with DSS and forum but was rejected because the lack of multimedia element on it.

I was thinking of implementing a e-catalogue on it.. but i'm not very sure what are the things can be found in the e-catalogue.

"lack of multimedia elements"?? What, to little flashy spinning gunk? I hope not!

An e-catalouge sounds good. Some ingredients:
- Categories (duh :))
- Sub categories
- Shopping cart (with editing and all)
- Today's/week's/month's offer
- Searching
- Last bought items
- Most popular items
- Related items ("People who bought X also bought Y and Z.")

I'm sure there's more.

For items you could just smack a lot of computer stuff in there or something.

well.. that does sounds good. those thing were in my proposal and it got rejected or maybe i'm a multimedia students and the projects that i propose is kinda those business-types (e-commerce).

I have to resubmit the proposal this coming wednesday. Frankly speaking, i'm at a lost now. I just dunno how. I'm a total idiot in 2D and 3D animation, so that's outta question for me.

Well if you want to make multimedia in ASP I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree. ASP is really bad for multimeda. The only way to use multimedia in an ASP page is to use Javascript and DHTML or Flash or some other plugin. ASP is just used to generate static code dynamicaly (yah...).

Ask them what the heck they mean by multimedia or ask them for a suggestion.

School + Uni tutors dont elaborate on web design courseworks too well. I spent at least a week designing and making a website. I spent another few days entering in the content on the topic I was given. I ended with an E mark :/ I found I was marked on the content of the topic I was given rather than my coding or my design... I found several sites made by people with standard font, standard size, 200 different colours, BIG writing for headers etc, and because they did more detail in the topic they were given, they got an A... slightly strange isnt it? Puts another slant on a web design coursework in a HTML module doesnt it? rofl

well.. they kinda s*cks sometime. Zedric, u noe what they wanted for my project? A 3d modelling of the hardware component. Jeez.. try imagine model each and every hardware component out.. there are thousands of it.

Multimedia is decoration.
you can code pretty much whatever you want and then decorate it.
I think that a flash system backended on asp or php is a really nice idea, and pretty easy to do.

Originally posted by I.Love.XP
well.. they kinda s*cks sometime. Zedric, u noe what they wanted for my project? A 3d modelling of the hardware component. Jeez.. try imagine model each and every hardware component out.. there are thousands of it.
Well that rules ASP out! :)
They can't expect you to model each and every capasitor do they?

yeah.. that's what they want me to do.. s*cks dun they? so, i changed my topic into e-zine on mod. cars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back