Help please

B

bmorrissey51

Ok, I bought a laptop, and it said that it was supposed to have 20GB of sapce....when I check the C: it only shows 18.6 or something like that. I have only one profile that I use, and I am looking at a screen that allows me to change profiles, I will tell you what it says so you guys can help me:

Account Unknown 867KB Local Local

BRAD/Brad Morrissey (which is the one I use)16.3 MB Local Local

BRAD/Guest 3.58 MB Local Temporary

Now, when you add all these HD spaces, you get closer to 20GB that I am supposed to have. So, is it safe to assume that I can erase the other account, which I guess it just a guest account, and that the HD space from there will then move to BRAD/Brad Morrissey? This isnt really needed to be done, but I wouldnt mind getting closer to 20GB on my main profile. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the confusing situation.

if it is an ntfs formatted drive that will take some up and also it may depend on how much pf a page file there is.

so deleting this account wont give me more space?

to see the page file in xp it is in the controle panel/system/advanced/performence/ settings
in 98 it is in rufly the same place

I think the Unknown account should be safe to delete. But I would keep the "Guest" account intact, since it comes installed with XP by default and won't take up much space anyway.

yes it would but not much limiting the page file will also give u more space but only do that if u have more then 512 of ram

if I was to erase the Unknown account, I woulnt gain much space anyway, it is the guest account that has the 3.some odd GB of space that I want.

yeah, whatever it is....I dont use the account so there should be no need for that space to be in there, unusable by my regular account

dammit sorry all, my original post should say 16GB and 3.58GB not MB, sorry for the confusion

NTFS reserves 12% of the drive for the Master File Table
Pagefile takes up whatever you set it for
System Restore reserves space, depending on your settings

XP Pro OS...but if certain things have space stored for them, that is probably why I dont see all my 20GB...thanks for your help everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back