help please with php

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
hi,

my friend asked me to change 2 links and 2 images on her site

http://www.jaylynnpromo.com/office.php

and as you can see, the images i uploaded are broken. i changed the html (or php) in text (new to this php stuff) and uploaded the correct images but they are still broken. what am i missing or what else can i explain so i can get some help?

thanks

that's a great looking site!
From the looks of it, the files have been uploaded to the /iprod/ folder???

screwy ftp it was. thats why i hate html based uploaders. i just used filezilla and got the ftp address. thanks for the help.

btw, this site rocks. the help is always good and usually quick. thanks again.

what exactly is PHP, I might already know but I get alot of things mixed up. Another language?

I sometimes wondered what it stands for (I know what it IS).... that link did not say so I thought I'd post that up here "PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. This confuses many people because the first word of the acronym is the acronym. This type of acronym is called a recursive acronym. The curious can visit Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing for more information on recursive acronyms."

and then I found the Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing is run by Imperial College and thought that was kinda cool (since they are in London and I know/knew a few people went through there) - though I am still no wiser as to how a recursive acronym makes it PHP instead of HP (or HPP) - but I do understand it is interpreted and preprocesses HTML which is a definite step up from the primitive level of HTML or XML and gives you programatical possibilities right there in the browser....

the advantage over anything like Java or Flash being that it will be native browser support.

All clear now I hope?

Anyway - this thread was about FTP as it happens and had nothing zero nada to do with php - I beleive that site was pure HTML (least I was not looking for the <?php tag, but nor did I see one anyways)

Last edited:
doh - course not! What a derr brain - I knew that but it was not instinctive (yet) :dead:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back