Help please on m/board choice.

T

tones10

Hi, I had made a choice of the following mainboard until
some mentioned this one to me as follows.

1st choice MSI 648 MAX mainboard for S478/533mhz
SIS648, ATA/133, ATX, DDR, 8X, USB2.0

Then this one was mentioned.

Asus P4S8X-X mainboard for S478/P-4
SIS648, ATA/133, ATX, DDR, 8X AGP, sound

The price difference is very small, can anyone help with this
choice.
Many thanks.

I would go for the USB2.0 one, unless you really need onboard sound, also search the net for some reviews of each one

Don't they both have the USB 2.0?
It seems like the same chipset. If this is the
case and you are thinking about which manufacturer..
MSI or Asus? well i would choose Asus. Like i did with
my nforce 2 set hehe. Before that i had 2 asus
boards and never had any problems, but a friend
of mine had lots of problems running an msi board.
But it's your choice.

Definitely ASUS. I've seen both (the MSI was dead due to a cheap cpu socket that had the HSF clip shear off). The ASUS was much better built. And if it has sound too thats always handy for when your sound card dies

Originally posted by Yngwie_II
Don't they both have the USB 2.0?
It seems like the same chipset. If this is the
case and you are thinking about which manufacturer..
MSI or Asus? well i would choose Asus. Like i did with
my nforce 2 set hehe. Before that i had 2 asus
boards and never had any problems, but a friend
of mine had lots of problems running an msi board.
But it's your choice.
I was just going on what was listed in the orig post, I think it was 2 or 3 in the mornin so I am less likely to go and find information :p

I'd just like to come to MSI's defence here and tell you what happened to my MSI motherboard. A while ago my house was flooded (an awful lot of rain) while I was at school, and my computer was on the floor. By the time my dad rang the school to tell me to come home and help get rid of the water, there was 5 inches over the floor, and of course, dad hadn't moved my computer. I picked it up and let the water drain out,left it to dry and turned it on (after removing all unnecesary hardware) and it worked fine. So if you ever want to submerse your motherboard go for MSI :D

cool, why dont you just flood the whole thing, bingo water cooling :p

I don't personally like asus, (for some reason or another...... I ge... I really don't know why.... maybe some I had some experience I've blocked out of my mind:confused: ) Bit Abit is a really good company also Soyo and MSI, GigaByte is a really good company to. I guess my point was that u should prolly get a mobo to match your needs if its a gaming rig go for the Dragon (Soyo) or the Triton (GB) both of which come loaded with lots of extra's like 6.1 audio usb 2.0, fire wire, c-media reader.

Originally posted by Geffy
cool, why dont you just flood the whole thing, bingo water cooling :p
Considering the fact that the water wasn't exactly clean, I decided that my wallet might appreciate me waiting for it to dry before turning it on ;)

Originally posted by djwhite
Considering the fact that the water wasn't exactly clean, I decided that my wallet might appreciate me waiting for it to dry before turning it on ;)
:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back