HELP PLEASE! Diamond Monster MX300

• Thread starter Mix_Master2k
  • Start date
M

Mix_Master2k

Hello,
I have recently done a clean install of XP pro and everything went fine. My sound card is a Diamond Monster mx300 using the aureal vortex II chipset. My computer locked up and when it restarted the sound did not work. I tried to find drivers for the card only to find that it had been discontinued the newest being win 2000 beta drivers. The drivers that windows installed were legacy audio drivers. I can't get those back and I can't get the official drivers. Are there any others using the same chipset that have an XP driver available? I am out of idea. Any help would be great. Thanks
-Bill

Not so... use this link to "open up" the chip set. This is a known problem in Windows 2000 and XP. The fix using WPCREDIT has worked for me several times with both operating systems.

If you cannot figure out exactly what to do I have it all written out at home. Follow the link to the work around and do not forget to follow the readme.

http://www.networking.tzo.com/net/software/

By the way I got rid of my MX300 and now use a Turtlebeach, but this fix works just fine.

I here ya Bob S. Its a shame Diamondmm isnt around anymore. I still have a mx300, mx400, banshee and tnt2 ultra all from diamond but now I use Turtle beach santa cruz for sound and visiontek for video:D .

yeah, I have the MX300 as well, beauty card.. unfortunately there wasn't a fix when XP Pro was released so I bought a creative 5.1...

hey guys thanks a lot,
after posting, i couldnt bear having no sound, so i ended up shutting windows down, removing the sound card, booting up and shutting down again, then putting the card back in and let windows reinstall compatible drivers. That method worked for me. If I have any other trouble though I will see that fix you were talking about. Once again thanks a lot everyone for your reply's-Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back