Help Picking Graphics Card

NuclearSmegma

This Space for Rent
I am looking at upgrading my video card and am unsure what would be the best. I know software - not hardware.

I currently have:

ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 32MB and
NvIDIA GeForce 2MX 64MB

The AIW is my main card. The TV tuner in the AIW and the video capture card get the most use.

The GeForce2 is used when I want to play games.

Swapping them in and out all the time is a royal pain in the arse. The ATI doesn't play squat for games. I have looked at the ATI AIW Radeon 8500 128mb. I see ATI has a trade-up program.

Seeing my usage - any recommendations on a video card?

You left out the most important part. How much money do you want to spend? One of the best cards out there is a Radeon 9700 pro which will run you approx. $300 US online.

edit: There is also the Radeon 9700 pro all-in-wonder..which runs about $400.

2nd edit: Next choice would be a radeon 9500 pro all-in-wonder. Not sure of the going cost of those..but pricewatch.com is your friend.

Radeon 9700 pro all-in-wonder, if there is such a card, it is a damn cool card.

I think you should go with the Geforce 4600 or that. :p

I suggest going on an Nvidia card also :

Leadtek Ti4200 128/64 DDR I suggest ..

titanium200.gif

Originally posted by Heath3n
You left out the most important part. How much money do you want to spend?

Money isn't a big concern. I just wonder if the $400 card is worth putting on my system.

I do need the TV tuner and capture capability though.

concerning that last query... YES would be the answer... it is the most complete and most powerful video card out on the market @ the moment...

the card to wait for probably would be the r350 due out in march... still under 399 dollars retail price...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back