Help OneTouch II 300G Broken ?

wizzo

OSNN Newbie
My new one touch as stopped working.:cry: For the last two months its has been working without any problems but now its not seen by my computer.

Its connected via firewire. I have also tried connecting by usb still no luck. I have also tried connecting to another computer its also not seen on this.

The touch button is constantly flashing blue.:rolleyes: Fyi I’m using xp pro sp2.

Anyone have idea how I can get it working again ?

Thanks

sounds like an RMA case to me - the blue flashing should only happen when the drive has gone into "power save" mode. That is assuming it is flahing "evenly", when it flashed top side/bottom side that indicates data transfer in process and also looks to have a slightly faster flash rate.

Either way it does sound from what you have tried that the drive has somehow died. I have the same device about a year old and no problems here with the actual drive itself. Hope the RMA process is acceptable and any data you had on there is not critical!

Thanks for the reply
Whats RMA ?
Yes its flashing evenly.
Anyway to get my data back ?

I am afraid RMA is where you return to the supplier under guarantee for a replacement... it will not help with your data. I have no idea what could be done to recover your data - the best bet for persuing that would be the Maxtor technical support. They will want your serial number and model. Personally I would not hold out too much hope, but you never know and the only way to find out is to try....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back