help on formating hard disk

D

DNA of FLASH

here is the deal:

- I got two new hard drives (working as RAID-0), then had some problems installing windows (ME, and finaly XP) but everything went good.

Then I wanted to do a clean start, so I've deleted the partions through the fdisk, and have set my RAID properties.

Then I created a portion on a disk, but cannot format it. It stops in the middle of format, and then quits, and shows a message saying it cann't format because of a read error.

Any suggestions? I just need the portion to be formated!

- does it go any simpler?

:confused: still running...

OK.
what I've done is took the drives on the separate computers (no RAID) and created one partion, and then run format.

one hard drive (40GB) formated no problems, and I think it is fixed. :cool:
but the other HD (60GB) has problems, and in the format program it 'tryies' (thats what is says) to recover the clasters. It took the computer to get to 650000's cluster in 4 hours, and is still running. :eek:

p.s. I wonder how many weeks would it take? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back