Help needed to sort out problems?

BIGMIKE1

OSNN Junior Addict
All these screenies that you see here were on my pc & working fine, before I had to reload Windows XP. Now that I have reloaded I’m getting all these problems, with things not working as they should be. So if anyone out there on this forum can help me out to put all of this right, I’ll be one happy chappy.
The start to all these problems, happen when i was doing a system restore, when i had a power failure. The system restore was ¾ of the way into saving its folders when the power went. So i had a guy in to reinstall Windows XP Home Edition than install SP2 afterwards.
Before the power cut i did have the hibernating tab, as you can see in the screenie but now it’s gone,(pics No’s 1 - 3). As well as this I'm having problems with my ATI display drivers where my original Display Tab (see screenie No.8) is now missing. Following are the rest of the Default Monitor Tabs pics.(pics No’s 4 – 7).

So I try to reinstall it, & I'm now getting this:” ATI Windows xp driver (severe) (pic No.9) setup was unable to complete the installation, try to setup your display adapter (pic No.5 with a standard VGA driver before running setup.”) Then click on the properties Tab, & go into Vagsave properties (pics No’s 10 – 12). I don’t know which driver to install as there are so many different ones around. Now when i start up my pc this little note pops up: HYDRAVISION ATI's desktop manage is being unloaded because an ATI display driver is not currently running.
If i go into device manager i can't find a tab so i can update the drivers for this.
As well as this I'm getting this pop up error on start up, this first popped up when I was trying to install HydraVision Setup. But now it keeps popping up every time I start up my pc (pic No.13) qttask.exe-no disk, the message than reads as follows:
There is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk into: drive/device/
harddisk
1/dr2.
2/dr3
3/dr4.
4/dr5.
1/dr2
2/dr3
3/dr4
4/dr5.

Each time i click the cancel button the values change, as shown above:
Then it disappears till i restart the pc again.
And the last thing is this one my mouse freezes at times it’s a usb connection type this error comes up: USBSCAN DEVICELOCONTROL() ERROR CODE,
DIOERROR=00000079.
Since I have move the USB from the back of the pc to the front USB connection on my pc I haven’t had the problem since, but I would still, like to have it connected at the back, as it is out of the way, so this problem still needs to be resolved.
I hope that there is enough info here for some1 to be able to resolve these problems for me.

Attachments

• No.1 (Power Options) Power Schemes.JPG
    No.1 (Power Options) Power Schemes.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 162
  • No.2 (Power Options) Advanced Tab.JPG
    No.2 (Power Options) Advanced Tab.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 174
  • No.3 (Power Options) UPS Tab.JPG
    No.3 (Power Options) UPS Tab.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 170
  • No.8 ATI Displays Tabs.JPG
    No.8 ATI Displays Tabs.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 182
  • No.4 (Default Monitor) General Tab.JPG
    No.4 (Default Monitor) General Tab.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 158
Help needed to sort out problems? the rest of the screenies

remaining screenies.

Attachments

• No.5 (Default Monitor) Adapter Tab.JPG
    No.5 (Default Monitor) Adapter Tab.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 164
  • No.6 (Default Monitor) Monitor Tab.JPG
    No.6 (Default Monitor) Monitor Tab.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 168
  • No.7 (Default Monitor) Troubleshoot Tab.JPG
    No.7 (Default Monitor) Troubleshoot Tab.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 158
  • No.9 ATI  CATALYST.ink(setup page)Severe error.JPG
    No.9 ATI CATALYST.ink(setup page)Severe error.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 210
  • No.10 Vagsave Properties General Tab.JPG
    No.10 Vagsave Properties General Tab.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 166
last of the screenies.

UPDATE
Hi lads thanks for the help, i will try the download option first, than i will see how i get on with it. This problem with here as follows:

There is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk into: drive/device/
harddisk
1/dr2.
2/dr3
3/dr4.
4/dr5.
1/dr2
2/dr3
3/dr4
4/dr5. This i'd managed to sort out by system restore, i came up with this error message Nero check, all i had to do was restart the pc & problem sorted.:)

My Spects.
XP3000 Miditower Multimedia PC, AMD Athlon XP 3000 Processor, 1GB DDR-RAM, 2 x 120GB HDD, Sapphire Radeon
9800 Atlantis Pro Graphics, TV Tuner Card, Card Reader, Floppy Drive, DVD-ROM, DVD Writer, NIC, 56k Analogue
Modem, 6 x USB 2.0, Firewire, GBLAN, Win XP Home,
Specifications:
MSI KT600 Delta-FISR Socket A Motherboard
Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps NIC, Raid, Firewire, Integrated 6.1 Channel Sound,
AGP 8X Slot, 5 x PCI Slots, 6 x USB 2.0 Integrated + 2 Optional,
VIA Apollo KT600 Chipset, 3 x DDR-RAM Slots (PC 2100/2700/3200, Max 3GB RAM)
AMD Athlon XP 3000 Processor OEM (Barton) 132.57 109.56
Spire CPU-Fan WhisperRock IV Socket A SPA04B4 For AMD up to XP 3200 Mhz 10.77 8.90
1GB DDR-RAM PC3200 (2 x 512MB DDR-RAM PC3200 CL 2.5 184P)
2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB S-ATA 8MB Cache Hard Disk Drives in Raid 1 (Mirror)
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis Pro 128MB AGP 8X
TV Tuner Card
3,5 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Internal 6 in one Card Reader
16x DVD ROM
MSI DVD Recorder DR4-A IDE (1x DVD+/- RW, 40x CD/16xDVD, 24x CD, 4x DVD-R)
56K Modem

Attachments

• 11 Vagsave Properties Driver Tab.JPG
    11 Vagsave Properties Driver Tab.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 173
  • No.12 Vagsave Properties Resources Tab.JPG
    No.12 Vagsave Properties Resources Tab.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 150
  • No.13 HydraVision setup error(qttask.exe error.JPG
    No.13 HydraVision setup error(qttask.exe error.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 288
  • NeroCheck restored 2.04.05..JPG
    NeroCheck restored 2.04.05..JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 155
format. reinstall.

Thats waht you call terminally dead I'm afraid.

could be a sign of disk controller failure too - powerfailure and cheap psu can do annoying things like that.

whoa whoa, i am usually the first to say uninstall etc.. but instead download this driver and run it for your ati card. Quite clearly youare are running under vga mode, the guy you hired to reinstall the pc is as they say in deadwood a "kocksuckers", he should have done all this for you, show's you the kind of ****s that give us all a bad name.

This seems like a simple situation of having either the wrong or no driver installed. below is a quick fix, if it doesn't work let me know and i'll go through it more methodically.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27
(download first option (Display Driver,
Control Panel,
WDM Integrated Driver)).

I have a feeling the last error messages are regarding the pc trying to install the drivers but not able to find them, i suspect the error will go away once you have downloaded the drivers.

Also .....

.... you can find the hibernate options in control panel>power options see attachment.

Attachments

• cp.JPG
    cp.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 173
Yup, a reinstall is better than patching what you have now... but here's how I'd do it:

- Get either a bootable CD of Partition magic or linux equivalent (like the Ultimate boot cd)
- resize your current partition and create a new partition in the extended partition.
- Install Windows Xp from a CD but use the new partition you created.
- Login on the new version (will still show the old windows in the boot menu) and backup all your your stuff to the D drive (which should be the boot drive of the new windows).
- Reboot with a Windows XP CD again, and format/reinstall Windows on the primary partition (C drive).
- Login to the newly installed OS and transfer the backed up files back to the C drive.
- Format the D drive clean.
- Install all the drivers from fresh versions (look for the latest versions of all drivers on the web) and configure your fresh Windows install as you like it.
- Use Partition magic to either get rid of, or resize further the D drive you created. (optional)

That takes way longer, but you won't have to transfer anything on CD's and you won't lose anything.

Also, for the Hibernate thing that is not there anymore I bet your friend turned off some options in the BIOS... The power management settings. Might want to take a look at this.

This may have nothing to do with Hardware. It's just a matter of installing the drivers properly from a clean install of Windows.

Oh and Mike, where are you from? If you're from Montreal, I could do it "right" for you ;)

Hi lancer,
i downloaded that Display Driver, & ran it, also it came up with the same red screenie which is in my post No.2 above. These: (download first option (Display Driver, Control Panel, WDM Integrated Driver)). I have on my pc as it is. If you look at the post No.2 which i have just updated, & look at the screenies there you will see that the hibernating tab is missing. This is what gets me? As it was on the pc to start with but when we reinstalled win xp, with my own win xp disk. That hibernate option should have been back was it was, the only difference is that sp2 was installed by disk this time instead of been downloaded when i upgraded to sp2.

If i go about the option that xtweaker has written about, i would have a clue as to go about it that way. As you will see that i have 2X 120 Gb of Harddrive which is mirrored.
Which in turn i would have to make the two drives as seperates, maybe than reformat the 1st drive, copy the 2nd drive onto the 1st one. Then reformat the 2nd drive, then make the two drives mirrored again, (YES) then reinstall windows on to clean system, & bingo it should do the job.

But you see that one should know HOW to do that in the first place. I could make a total balls of it, if i make a mistake... :ermm: I'm not in your class of computering as you guys are, If i could see the process being done, i could probably do it myself.. if you know what i mean..

Thanks guys if you can think off anything else, it be appreciated, by the way your man who reinstalled windows for me, he did say he only knew so much, & he managed to work around the product activation status window as well. But he made my pc a lot safer by putting in extra progs, i.e ccleaner, spywareblaster, MSAntispyware & mailwasher too.
And you see i couldn't even start my pc up normally or even in safe mode, but the next day he had me back online...
mike..the headbanger?

xtweaker said:
Yup, a reinstall is better than patching what you have now... but here's how I'd do it:

- Get either a bootable CD of Partition magic or linux equivalent (like the Ultimate boot cd)
- resize your current partition and create a new partition in the extended partition.
- Install Windows Xp from a CD but use the new partition you created.
- Login on the new version (will still show the old windows in the boot menu) and backup all your your stuff to the D drive (which should be the boot drive of the new windows).
- Reboot with a Windows XP CD again, and format/reinstall Windows on the primary partition (C drive).
- Login to the newly installed OS and transfer the backed up files back to the C drive.
- Format the D drive clean.
- Install all the drivers from fresh versions (look for the latest versions of all drivers on the web) and configure your fresh Windows install as you like it.
- Use Partition magic to either get rid of, or resize further the D drive you created. (optional)

That takes way longer, but you won't have to transfer anything on CD's and you won't lose anything.

Also, for the Hibernate thing that is not there anymore I bet your friend turned off some options in the BIOS... The power management settings. Might want to take a look at this.

This may have nothing to do with Hardware. It's just a matter of installing the drivers properly from a clean install of Windows.

Oh and Mike, where are you from? If you're from Montreal, I could do it "right" for you ;)

Hi xtweaker, what about using Remote Assistance, to see what is up the my pc, as you would be able to work with your keyboard & mouse on my pc. if needed.
Here is a copy of BIOS power management features, can you see by this if there are changes to be made to this to make the hibernating option work.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    12 KB · Views: 146

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back