Help needed in purchasing a monitor.

G

Gouk

Can any of you guys/gals help me out?

I want to know which is better of the two (CRT vs TFT) and why.

Also which CRT/TFT should I get? :

What make?
What screen size?
Max supported resolution of the advised monitor?
Is the screen flat?

If you have a monitor in mind for me please supply a link to the product so i can check it out for my self and see a picture of it :D

I would get at least a 19" flat screen, bare min.

as far as the rest up to how much your willing to spend. :cool:

flat screen TFT or CRT?

and if you have any particular model in mind can you give a link.

Money is no object at the moment :D

this one ain't the best in the world, but does a real nice job, have it for my wife's puter.

Monitor

:cool:

my own personal monitor is this one

My Monitor

yes I know there are better ones out there,however, this one does a great job, looks nice, and more importantly it is what I like.

Man 60Hz makes me feel sick! :eek:

Iceman, how much are these Viewsonics?

the first one I showed u goes for around $300, the 19".

Mine the 22" goes for around $670.

Originally posted by catch23
....you can't tell the difference between 60hz and 120hz.....only on paper..

I can definatley see the difference between 60Hz and 85Hz on the monitor I have now.

60hz flickers slightly and just looks crap.

oh and Iceman, I am going to definatley get a good monitor, no point in getting a POS then buying another one again :cool:

no, its definatley 60Hz. The flicker is only very slight.

What monitor dya have catch?

Then it's under 60hz....I'm running 1280x1024 now at 60hz just fine.

yes same here, running 1280x1024 at 60hz and it looks great.

I know the website says run it at 101hz at that resolution, but that's BS.

Catch, I'm not stupid :p I do have monitor drivers installed.

The monitor I have now was manufactured in the Year 2000.

Is an unbranded one too. Maybe thats why it has problems with 60Hz?

So you two run games in 60Hz too?

So whats the point in all these ATi and nVIDIA refresh rate fixes then :confused:

Originally posted by Goku
So whats the point in all these ATi and nVIDIA refresh rate fixes then :confused:

the point of those refresh rates fixes is this, some people went out and bought how do u say "POS" monitors and need to adjust their refresh rate cause their screen looks like crap.

So your saying that on new monitors you cannot distinguish between 60Hz and 120Hz like catch said?

If the above is true then whats the point of multiple refresh rates.

LOL, I did not get taught about monitors in my College course :D

yes you can tell the difference between 60hz and 120hz, some people can tell the difference, between the flicker rate, I can't see any difference, you should set your monitor to the lowest hz you can before you notice any flicker rate. It all depends on your eyesight, I'm not sure how to explain it. :confused:

Well now that you mention it, when I set some monitors to 60Hz in college I could easily see the flicker. I stop seeing the flicker at 85Hz though.

I 'know' that even if i get a top of the range monitor i will be able to see flicker at 60Hz and see te diff between 60Hz and 85Hz and above.

oh and the very extreme lowest my monitor can go to is 48Hz Interlaced and that looks so fk'd up. you can actually see the scanlines flickering.

....you can't tell the difference between 60hz and 120hz.....only on paper..

That's bull. If I even look at 60hz while loading new drivers, my eyes start hurting and I get an instant headache. Once I shoot it up to 80hz, I'm fine.

Originally posted by Eolis

That's bull. If I even look at 60hz while loading new drivers, my eyes start hurting and I get an instant headache. Once I shoot it up to 80hz, I'm fine.

Like wise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back