HELP NEEDED emergency on iPod

jonny813

OSNN Addict
my iPod which I purchased back in June 28th last year has just currently stopped communicating with my computer, it no longer shows up in iTunes when plugged in, and any music that I can copy across to it is wiped as soon as it's disconnected. I was wondering, would Currys have to give me a refund? I'm unsure since I've had it so long and it was in near constant use, but would they be under any obligation to take it back. I'm sure that it is a hardware fault as restoring does not help and (before it wiped my music) froze constantly on several songs, of which a restore with iTunes message soon appeared. Any help appreciated

If Curry's doesn't take it back, it should still be covered under Apple's warranty.

As dreamliner said, your iPod is still under the 1 year warranty from Apple. Even if you did take it back to Curry's, they would most likely send you to Apple because retailers aren't allowed to mess with iPods when they are still under Apple's 1st year warranty.

Gave it back to Currys yesterday and theyare sending it off to get repaired,2 weeksno music, how will I survive!!!! thnx for help

Gave it back to Currys yesterday and theyare sending it off to get repaired,2 weeksno music, how will I survive!!!! thnx for help

contact apple and tell them to salvage your music on the drive. it is possible. if they won't ..tell them to give you credits for all the music you d/l from itunes ...or let you redownload them for free.

yet another problem with drm. you shouldn't have to go through this madness when you already own the license. I bet 10 to 1 they tell you to reinstall itunes as well. I guess though if they don't your music is still safe on there.

btw ..is there a legitimate way to back up your purchased music? i've always wondered that. When i say purchased ..i mean purchased from itunes or napster or whatever.

burn it to a cd...or you could remove the drm, but we don't talk about that here.

Google "unforgettable ditty's" play a few. They are short tunes that burn into your brain and keep playing back from memory over and over so you will not be without music.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back