Help... need XP Pro CD image...

S

Saud

I am looking for a windows XP Pro CD image to download. I bought it about a year ago and the CD is lost. I still have the product key code so all I need is a copy of the CD. I spoke with MS and they want $30 to send out a new cd. So, does anybody know where I can download an image?? Or if anybody out there can create me an image that I can download, that would be cool too.

Will MS let you download this??

I don't trust the Kazaa downloads.

No warez here, downloading XP in any form even if you do have the original CD is classed as warez, your only solution will be to either pay microsoft or find your cd

Thanks Speedy. This is a legit question and I honestly lost my cd. Seems like there should be better solutions for this kind of problem.

Sadly MS makes it illegal; and this it can not be discussed here.

I can understand your predicament, you also have to see it from our angle that there are plenty of people trying to invent situations like this in an attempt to get info of where to "obtain" Windows XP

Obviously this can be frustrating for those who have a genuine legitemate problem, but its just the way it is.
And your only hope is to pay Microsoft for a new Cd unfortunately, and you cant deny that $30 for an operating system you use from day to day isnt a bad price
(its just unfortunate you've already payed more than that)

For better or worse, this is between you and MS. After all, they did nothing wrong here - you could have burned a backup copy of the cd and put it away for safe keeping. I'm not taking Microsoft's side, but this one does seem to be "user error". Sorry.

$30 seems very reasonable actually.
I haven't used my original cd for ages.
Usually used a backup and now I have a slipstreamed sp1 copy, so I will only be using the original cd when sp2 arrives :)

Cool.. thanks guys. I did not know that it was classed as warez even if you bought the original. Guess that's one way to help crack down which is completely understandable.

~Sauder

No problems :D as long as everyone knows where we stand we'll all get along just fine :p

EP - Is there a rough idea of when SP2 will be floating about? (i seem to remember lists/change logs being around the net..)

Posted by Electronic Punk
$30 seems very reasonable actually.
I haven't used my original cd for ages.
Usually used a backup and now I have a slipstreamed sp1 copy, so I will only be using the original cd when sp2 arrives :)

twocoltzigzag told us that when you slipstream SP1 you will lose a codec which Mafia the game depends on.
so stick with your original one who knows what the SP1 removes

Sweet.
Perhaps this one mite do some good!
un-like SP1

Posted by Octopus
twocoltzigzag told us that when you slipstream SP1 you will lose a codec which Mafia the game depends on.
so stick with your original one who knows what the SP1 removes

since found out that the 2k Indeo codec free version works fine with XP
( for now )

Posted by NetRyder
Yeah, seems to have a lot of bug fixes.

will they ever get it right ???

:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back