help, need to go back

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i installed service pack 2, but i cant get past the activation. my legal cd key wont work and neither will any :p ;) keys.

i managed to fnd a way to access explorer. and managed to load system restore but when i run a restore point it closes the activation and instantly logs me out of windows. i managed to also get into control panel but it wont uninstall because it says something is running.

i dont know what else to do, are there any ways anyone can help me get past the activation or roll back my computer from dos or something?

ANY help appreciated, its urgent so if anyone does have an immediate answer you can contact me on msn: mike@forcer.org

any help much appreciated

press f8 as the pc is starting and try last known good config from the F8 menu

i tried that, never worked, probly because its still a known good configuration it just wants me to activate it... not recognised as something bad.. hmm

Last known good config only works if you have not logged into the local PC. Once you have logged in, its useless.

Are you using the volume license edition? I doesn't work well with that one( I have read complaints on different forums about this, not all, but some), even if it is legal. Glitch or something. Hell, it is a Beta. :D

Also did you have SP1 installed or did ya just go straight for SP2 beta?

gonaads said:
Are you using the volume license edition? I doesn't work well with that one( I have read complaints on different forums about this, not all, but some), even if it is legal. Glitch or something. Hell, it is a Beta. :D

Also did you have SP1 installed or did ya just go straight for SP2 beta?
i installed the latest sp2 beta on a vlk (legitimate.)....and it works fine.

forcer, just call MicroSquish... tell them what is happening, then they would just give you a new product activation key. Simple.

i tried to get help off microsoft, which was unsuccessful, apparently my problem is something to do with not having a corperate edition. if i have one, i wont be asked for windows activation. any1 know anything about this? i went and got xp pro corporate edition slipstreamed with sp1a... shud i use it?

You can't just uninstall sp2 from add/remove programs like w/ sp1?

do a repair installation of your legal version of XP.

boot from the CD, and i believe it's the 3rd instance where it says repair.

not if you can't get into windows at all.

cpugeniusmv said:
not if you can't get into windows at all.
You also can't use the control panel or other things he listed as doing :p

Oh but he does say it won't uninstall cuz of something running ... my bad.

yes it can be uninstalled, the only reason i have this kind of access to my computer is because when you enter a serial thats incorroect underneath gives u a link to a webpage click that and it loads IE, type C:/ in the adress bar and it givs me access to my computer from this i can get into control panel but when i try to uninstall it rables on about something from installation running(activation) soit cant uninstall at this time.

if i use xp corp then will the activation go?

yes, my last serial was legit but it wouldnt let me past the activiation, i tried legit and non legit but neither worked. the closest i got after checking out microsoft and around on the net was something to do with me not having a corp. version which apparently does not go through the activation process?

forcer said:
yes, my last serial was legit but it wouldnt let me past the activiation, i tried legit and non legit but neither worked. the closest i got after checking out microsoft and around on the net was something to do with me not having a corp. version which apparently does not go through the activation process?

Phone the M$ activation centre. You have a legit serial then there should be no problems.

Xie said:

Au Contrare yes you can uninstall sp2, I have done it twice.

Ummmm... your last serial was legit???

How many do you have?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back