Help need in flashing firmware

G

Gouk

Hi,

I want to flash my LG - CD-ROM CRD8520B firmware from the factory default (1.00) to the new 2.00 firmware on LG's Korean site.

Thing is, the flashing program is in DOS (XP does not have DOS, I think it needs true DOS) and I do not know the right commands to enter coz I dont want to destroy the drive.

I want to flash because the drive freezes under XP and this firmware fixes that.

The firmware filename is: 52CTC168.hex and the flasher program is called X6.

I have also attached an image of the flasher program. My CDROM is on the second IDE and set as slave.

What is the command I put in?

Thanks! :)

Does it not come with instalation instructions.

Copy it to a floppy, leave the floppy in drive and reboot.
Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from floppy.

Try formating a floppy disk and copy the firmware program onto the floppy.
Put a floppy disk in drive "A:\". Go to "My Computer" and right mouse button click on the "A" drive and choose "Format". Place a checkmark in the "Create an MS-DOS startup disk" box. When your done formating the disk, copy over the Firmware Program. Now re-boot the computer with the startup disk installed and when you get to the DOS prompt run your program. I think this will work.

Whenever flasshing any rom, be absolutely certain to follow instructions to the letter. While generally a straightforward process, it is possible to do irreversable damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back