help....my taskbar grew!

E

emmagee

My taskbar suddenly got wider! It used to just be the width of the clock, but suddenly it has the day beneath the time. I can widen the taskbar, but when I try to make it more narrow, it hides it and it goes away completely.

I've right clicked on properties and treid to change it there as well as going into the control panel, but no luck. Any clues on how to adjust this back to the way it was? Thanks!

Make sure it is unlocked. Right click on the taskbar--> untick "lock the taskbar". Hover cursor at edge of taskbar until double sided arrow shows, drag down. Then lock the taskbar again.

If it hides it, that means that "Auto hide the taskbar" is checked, right click the taskbar > select properties> and if cheked, uncheck "auto hide the taskber" after that do what Xsivforce said.

Benny is correct. I did not read your post properly and didn't see that you said that it hides. Between what the two of us said, you should be good to go. :)

Auto hide is unchecked, and it's unlocked. It's really strange, it has ALWAYS been just wide enough to shoe the time, running programs I want to see and my open windows, and then all of a sudden it got wider; there is almost 1/4" between the time and day.

I'm thinking that this may be related to how my clock is displaying rather than a taskbar issue. However, I cannot find any way to change the clock display.

Thansk for the advice already given, but any other thoughts on the taskbar and/or the clock?

I have exaclty the same problem, I can't work it out for the life of me, seemed to happen after SP1 and Stylexp so I blame one of them or both, nice to know some 1 else has this problem, although I'm not that fussed if I don't fix it cause I'm off to travel round the world for 6 months in 2 weeks :)

Originally posted by stewartbmw2000
I have exaclty the same problem, I can't work it out for the life of me, seemed to happen after SP1 and Stylexp so I blame one of them or both, nice to know some 1 else has this problem, although I'm not that fussed if I don't fix it cause I'm off to travel round the world for 6 months in 2 weeks :)
:) Can I come with ya? :)

Originally posted by emmagee
Auto hide is unchecked, and it's unlocked. It's really strange, it has ALWAYS been just wide enough to shoe the time, running programs I want to see and my open windows, and then all of a sudden it got wider; there is almost 1/4" between the time and day.

I'm thinking that this may be related to how my clock is displaying rather than a taskbar issue. However, I cannot find any way to change the clock display.

Thansk for the advice already given, but any other thoughts on the taskbar and/or the clock?

did you change font size in your display properties/properties (appearance tab, advanced button)? i changed my font size from 8 to 12 once and it muffed up my clock settings...changed it back to 8 and my clock went back to where it originally was. i think if you change the default size for icons and you have any icons showing in your Quick Launch bar, that'll change the clock's appearance, as well (bigger icons = wider task bar). hope that may help some...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back