HELP...MY TASK BAR (Start menu) GONE?

J

JohnnyB

I have just started using XP and my Start menu (Task Bar (I Think?)along bottom of screen) has dissapeared. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Muchos Grazis to anyone who can help.

John

have you nudged it down to a thin line at the bottom of the screen ???? I seem to manage to do that after a good saturday night out..... ( or delete C:\windows was my new years special)

Unfortunately not. I have tried all the usual suspects but to no avail.
I am sure there is some quirky XP setting/button combo that I need to do to get things right but I am at a loss as to what it is?

Regards,

V V Frustrated from London

change the resolution to something higher and then change it back.

have u installed and desktop substitute programs lately? like desktopX or windowsblinds?

Have tried the resolution and re-checked my keyboard settings - still no luck.

My Start-up bar is just not there! I am running out of ideas now... 'arghhh'

As a last resort, I would just reinstal windows xp, or use quick recovery to a point when it was fine.

Fhuising

try 2 enlage it

if you put your mouse pointer over the thin strip at the bottom of your screen the mouse pointer should change into an arrow, just left click and hold and pull up your task bar again . . .:D

I am now thinking that the only option left is 'Fhuising's' (thanks for the advice).
My screen is doing something weird - when you have a window open and you drag it around moving partially 'off screen' - when it has been on the bottom of the screen and you drag it back up, a black 'paint' effect appears from a section 'off' screen, making me think that something is amiss!??

It's possibly your video drivers that are causing your problems... have you gone to the manufacturers' site and installed the latest versions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back