HELP MY GIRLFRIEND INSTALLED Xupiter

P

psx2000

Help my girlfirned was using my comp and accidentally instaled some program from a web site called Xupiter. SHe also clicked ALWAYS TRUST THIS WEB SITE.

How do i get this program off my computer?

I deleted every file but 1 file left wont let me delete it saying " I DONT HAVE PERMISSION OR THIS PROGRAM MAY BE WRITE PROTECTED AND COULD BE IN USE"

Im logged in as the ADMIN on XP and it wont let me erase this.

Thank you so mcuh for the help.

I tried AD AWARE but it dont detect this program.

The last file is called

XTUpdate.dll

Thank you SO SO MUCH!

Try booting into XP under safe mode and check add/remove programs and try to uninstall it that way...

yes, I think booting in safe mode should allow you to delete the file.. you may still need to open the file's properties and make some changes to delete it.. also, I recommend getting Registry Cleaner to make sure all registry entries for the file are removed..

You hopefully can remove the cerificate it installed by going to tools, Internet Options, Content, and Certificates.

I did the same thing yesterday morning and couldn't get rid of the damn thing......Ended up using System Restore to remove it :huh:

Usually when you try to delete a file such as that after you have uninstalled or deleted it's parent proggy and it says, "being used by xxx program" or something to that effect. You have to shut down and reboot and then it lets you delete it. In essence the system has released the file on the reboot.

BTW... Don't let yer girlfreind use yer computer any more. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back