help most urgent

X

xenon1

I uninstalled a tweek program and from that time on when i am in explorer manager when i highlight a file in any directory with my right mouse it freezes ... when i use task it states program not working .

how can i get this to work agian.

I tried to reinstall xp dack to a different date but the same happens

Try reinstalling the tweak program & see if the problem is still there. If so open the tweak program & set everything to default. Then see if the problem has gone. If so uninstall the tweak program. You may have to leave the tweak program loaded for the problem to go away.

thanks dut i forgot the name of the b... program i used.
when i go into safe mode it all works .

thread moved... themes >> applications

when i use safe load in administrator it all works there is no problem at all.
but whe i boot normaly the problem is still there ,
is that some kind of security code i can change to correct it.
I fould the program and installed it again but the problkem remains

It could be a driver issue if it is not happening in safe mode. Have a look in device manager & see if everything is OK.

thanks they check out ok.
when i go into safe mode it shows two selection
administrator and my log on name . ( that was set to administator originaly both use the same log on password)
admisistrator works in safe mode
my log on does not work in safe mode.
now that is strange

Ahh now I see. So you reckon you have tried system restore. Can you log normally as administrator? (And what follows is all new to me so get more advice before continuing)

If you can log on & the problem is gone try deleting your corrupt account & recreate it. Possible save you start menu settings etc to the desktop to paste back in later.

Like I said I'm not very clear on this.

I have only one log on available to me normaly ."xenon" and that gives me the problem.

If i use safe mode it gives me 2 selections "xenon" and "administrator"

the problem is not there is i select " administrator"

Sorry don't have icq. Like I said I'm on thin ice here.

Maybe>>>>>>>> Open the control panel/user accounts. Create a new account & see if that is OK. If so delete the other one. Then rename the new one.

ps...................Keep copies of things you will need from you user account to put in the new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back