Help. mime stuck.

K

Kirrie2001

Please can anyone advise.

I have just received an email, but when I try to open the attachment, it just comes up as a load of garbage, but I noticed the word mime in it.
Where do I go from there?

Thanks for any help.

MIME is Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions.
You can read up on it here .
What e-mail program do you use?

Xsive, I`m not sure what AOL is using now, but it was Netscape.
So I am still stumped.
Whatever it was, it is called Sweet. and is sent to MSDOS when downloaded, and is 97kb. The email title is Congratulations.

So I might be in trouble.

Do you have anti-virus software? If so, scan it. I can't find any references to a virus matching that desription.

Kirrie, check your mail. I scanned what you sent me, it is the klez virus. I gave you some links to read up on it and remove it.

Good luck friend.
X

Well folks, after a long slog, I am back on line again.
Finished up formatting the HD, then a complete install of XP.

Lost a couple of minor bits and pieces, but it all seems back to abnormal again. :D
Never got to bed till 0600 today, so I`m knackered now.

Thanks again to Xsive for his help.

PS. Is it possible to trace who sent the bloody thing, as I have it saved to floppy disk?

Suspect it is someone who don`t like my Jokes. :D

What do you mean, everyone? :D

View the header of the email to find out where it originally came from.

Glad to see you back Kirrie, we missed ya ;)

luckily that virus didnt active on you. i cleaned out a friend's computer from that virus. it wiped all of her personal documents as well as her mp3s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back