help me with my two problems pleaseeeee

all right this is driving me nutts. i use a logon on screen with style xp and back in the day a (few months ago) when i presed windows key and L it would drop me to that logon screen. even though i didnt use a password. but now it puts me to a box with my name and says password (isnt one) and all i gave to do is hit ok too get back.. id like to see my logon screen at this point... any ideas..

ok number two.. recently i have noticed that the option to turn the control panel to windows classic style has dissapered... and i cant seem to find out how to turn it back... I swear its like the option has disapered. .... any ideas thanks guys. (and girls :)

sraycoz said:
all right this is driving me nutts. i use a logon on screen with style xp and back in the day a (few months ago) when i presed windows key and L it would drop me to that logon screen. even though i didnt use a password. but now it puts me to a box with my name and says password (isnt one) and all i gave to do is hit ok too get back.. id like to see my logon screen at this point... any ideas..
Seems like the welcome screen was turned off. Try going to Control Panel>User Accounts, select "Change the way users log on or off" and check the Welcome Screen box.

no dice... keep the ideas coming.. id take apic of what it is doing but screen capture is diabled in the window.

(bump) any one with anymore ideas.. been googling things with no luck.

The only thing that comes to mind that may adversly affect the user logon function is PCAnywhere. Specifically v.10.5. I recall something about it changing the logon/logoff procedure, but I dont remember what it actually messed with. Install it, or any remote-admin progs in the last few months? All I could think of man, hope it helps.

NetRyder said:
Seems like the welcome screen was turned off. Try going to Control Panel>User Accounts, select "Change the way users log on or off" and check the Welcome Screen box.
Ah, you also need to check the "Fast User Switching" box. That should do it.

sraycoz said:
ok number two.. recently i have noticed that the option to turn the control panel to windows classic style has dissapered... and i cant seem to find out how to turn it back... I swear its like the option has disapered. .... any ideas thanks guys. (and girls :)
Start>Run>gpedit.msc
User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel
Set "Force Classic Control Panel" to enabled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back