Help me to trace my password!

J

JasonV

Please help me to trace back my dial-up network's password, somehow I forgot the password and the password still hidden inside the WinXP.

As you know Windows will hidden the password if you're using the dial-up network. For Windows98 it'll uses asterisks (*) to hide it, but WinXP doesn't have any of it. There're some programs which can visible the asterisks around but I can't find any for WinXP. Need help BADLY!!!

JasonV

Actually if winxp has the PW save dit should show the asteriks....so i'm thinking you somehow erased it completely...best thing to do would be call your ISP and have them change it, sorry man.

For some reason I can't able to check the password with my ISP. There must be some ways to trace it, ppl plz help!

you cant call and ask them, im not talking about trying on the website, they should be able to verify that you are you over the phone. or they are just a crappy ISP :)

Brad

In the case you do see the asterisks, is there a way to reveal those on xp?

But WinXP doesn't even let you see the asterisks at all, that's the problem there. Tried to seek for some password recovery programs but still no luck. Help!!!

If it was easy to recover passwords then there wouldn't be much point in having them. You should call your ISP, have then reset your password to whatever default that they use, then you can log in with the default password and then change the password to whatever you want it to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back