help me to choose Video card plz ty..

J

jake123456789

I plan to buy new video card. at the moment, i using TNT2 Riva 32
MB.

a) 64M MSI GF4 MX-440 8x DDR W/TV?
b) 64M Winfast–A180 GF 4 MX-440 8x DDR W/TV?
c) 64M Winfast–A180 GF 4 MX-440 8X VIVO?

Which performance, mainstream, key feature, etc is better, good quality, u know wat i mean. Will it be A or B? Will brand name important?

which one is suitable for my pc as below:
XP 1.7
256SDRAM
Gigabyte 7ZXE
13 gb hhd
20 gb hhd

for me, just mainly surf on the net... hardly play game.. i might upgrade harddisk b4 buy a video card.

I would stay away from the whole gforce 4 MX line. Try to get a gforce 4 ti4200 at the very least.

I agree with rettahc. Stay away from the GF4-MX series... either go for the GF4-TI series, or maybe the mid-end ATI Radeon series like the Radeon 8500 or 9000.

hey guys, he said that he hardly plays games so the MX would work for him as he probably wants a newer card but doesn't want to spend a whole bunch of money.
But I agree with Ragnarok in that you should get a Radeon 8500 (Go with the 8500 instead of the 9000 as the 9000 costs more and is basically the same card and the 8500 is higher in rank on 3dmark2001se scores by a few places... it's in like the 5th spot and the 9000 is around the 10th spot or so... the last time i checked anyways.)
I've got a "built by ATI" Radeon 8500LE with 128MB of ram that I picked up for $150 Cdn and it's an awsome card for the money. My card just has an S-video out port but if you want VIVO then you could probably find that on a "power by ATI" card... meaning a card that is built by MSI or some other company but uses the ATI chip... but I can't say for sure about the VIVO cause I haven't looked into it.

first.. what do u intend to buy a graphic card for? Games, or what?

I just want to upgrade this video card is kidda of old, plan to give the old to my bro. I might buy for game, I really dont know.

geforce ti 4200. get it! it is almost same price as any in the MX line, but WAY BETTER in performance.

yep.. get a gf4 ti 4200 at least. if u insist on getting a gf4mx be prepared that you won't be able to get high fps in games such as ut2003 or unreal2 and not to mention the upcoming doom 3 (time for change again ?!? perhaps gf4ti4200 wunt be able to play at the highest detail too :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back