help me pleaaaase

• Thread starter Liamgallagher
  • Start date
L

Liamgallagher

hello ppl. cud some one please help me, i av jus purchased a cd-writer, an it came with nero 5 burnin software, yet the cd writer is installed ok an workin an readin cds etc, yet when i come to copy a cd it wont?? it works perfectly fine on win98, but its on winxp im avin the trouble on, it says somert about communication error, then something about failed to copy cd start at once, or somethin similar?? please if some one could help me wud be great,

thanx in advance

Hi welcome to NTFS ...... first up go to nero.com and get the latest version and also when you go to copy the cd ... lower the burn speed I have a 48-16-48 but I find that some cd's need to be burned as low as 4x most work at 12x but some are just a little tricky ..... so update your nero and then try at a lower burn speed ;)

My internet is loading only about half of a page right now. Something really weird going on here.

But...I would say, try here: Ahead Nero

You could need a patch or update.

i av tried the update, it didnt help , its strange cos i get no errors on win98? :( yet xp seems to be the problem, an i really want xp back? any clues anyone please?

thank u

what make and model of cd burner are we talking about..... how about new firmware for the burner is it compatible ?? maybe you should check the web site for your burner

its an LG one an the cd-rom is as well, its says its xp compatable, its a 48x 16x 48x, so i dont really get it, cud it be somert in the administrator bit on xp or somert? im really quite gutted it wont work, cant live without xp, thanx mate for replyin though, much appreciated pal

I wonder if the communication error has anything to do with slave/master setup... was replying on another thread and thought of this...

would seem unlikely as the error would manifest itself in a different form... but still no harm in checking if your devices hgave the correct slave/master configuration...

Ok lets break it down ......... can you burn anything at all on XP with the burner ? ....... even just a few files to a data cd ? ...... or is it when you try and copy a specific cd?

i cant see how it can be the config setup, cos its worked fine on win98, an even in winxp it reads cds etc, its jus the point when i come to copy? im thinkin perhaps its somert to do with the admin part, cos i av winxp pro? an as a administrator on it perhaps theres somert in there that wont let it start to copy?

no mate cant start to copy anythin at all, it comes up with that same error

ok stupid question but need to ask...... open nero and look on top and you see ( recorder ) go there and choose the recorder, and in same window you see a ( more ) button press that and see if exact link is enabled........

no theres not a more info thing on it, its jus got the recorder drive on it with some stats about it, and its jus got an options thing, about buffer underrun, theres no info?

but on the info, its got something about the error that i get......i get the error 'could not perform start of disc at once' on the info bit it says 'disc at once : cuesheet DAO/96'

hope that helps u understand?

has DAO been disabled? not sure where to check this in the settings, but it would cause problems if it has been.

Check Nero's Help System: http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1002822798638

Check your drive's site for support. Some drives are not supported by Nero, this info is available on Nero's site as well. Your drive's site may have some info/firmware.

I also have a lg burner on an XP SP1 Pro o/s...but i have no problems at all !!!!!!

I am running Nero 5.5.10.0 and also am runnig easy cd creator platinum ver 5....

Have you done all your updates on windows update????? It has some compatibilty patches and other stuff aimed at burners ...

Give it a try !!!!!:)

Or you could goto my comp...then right click on burner drive....then properties...then recording tab ..and check the "enable CD recording on this drive"....I know it a stupid sugesstion.... but hey you never know !!!!!:huh:

Might wanna try a different app, like fireburner or something. If the problem is common across different apps, you know it's a hardware config problem. If it doesn't repeat, you know it's a software issue.

If all else fails, contact Nero's support group at www.ahead.de. They have a good reputation for responding quickly and providing working solutions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back