help me out

D

dotbatman

please someone try connecting to me here and let me know what happens.

thanks!

somebody just connected! yahoo! it does work...

p.s. anyone who wants to set up a web and/or ftp host on their LAN, I managed to do it with all free stuff.

BBIAgent Router
AnalogX WebServer
Cerberus FTP Server

jeez, i'm answering my own threads now...loop error

I just tried, 12:15 AM Central in the US on 2/6 and timed out...btw you can do the same using IIS, which is built in to XP (er, can be installed)
/Lactic

D'OH!

i turned it off right around then to play wolfenstein...!

ya, i know IIS but for what i'm going to use it for, doesn't IIS use a little more overhead?

...and according to Slashdot if I install IIS my head will explode and the FBI will arrest me.

you know something funny? my ISP says I can't run an FTP because I'll take up all the bandwidth, but some punk running simultaneous P2P and Quake3 servers is no problemo!

eegad.

try now!

typically..

IP's do not crack down on that kind of stuff unless you are abusing the network and utilizing a large amount of bandwidth on a regular basis. If you are using a cable/DSL connection ,or something faster, you are usually allowed a large amount of traffic per month and can get a dynamic IP that lasts a lot longer then a dial-up IP (unless you order a static, but who would want to serve with dial-up?). Bottom line is usually you can run a server for friends and will not be bothered.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back