Help me out with a little icon on the task bar !

G-Money

Big Air
How do you get rid of the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the taskbar ?

The hardware is working just fine and I dont wont to or need to remove it.

The hardware is a SMC EZ Connect USB/Ethernet Series Converter !

Thanks

:p

Thanks for the reply.... Not enough info......... Your web page doesnt click with my icon info....

"....As far as I know the only way is to right-click the notification area, and selecting Properties. Under the Notification area heading, click Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and select Always hide in the Behavior column next to it (press OK and Apply to back out). ....."

That option isnt there !!!!

Look at the pic on the web page... The option isnt there as well !!!

:(
:confused:

It is possible that you never unplug this hardware. So how do you get rid of the icon? As far as I know the only way is to right-click the notification area, and selecting Properties. Under the Notification area heading, click Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and select Always hide in the Behavior column next to it (press OK and Apply to back out).

The option isnt there !!

1.JPG

2.JPG

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think you misunderstood. Right click a blank area in the taskbar & click properties. Check off "Hide Inactive Icons" and then press the Customize button. Then follow the directions.

Thanks... tried that.. all that will let you do is hide it. If you click on the left arrow to see the hidden icons.. there it is.
I want it gone......

I dont understand why it is even there !!!!!

Im sure there must be a reg hack out there somewhere :D

Thanks again !!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's not gonna go away because it is a hot swappable device, and it is there since you have a USB device plugged in that can read and write to memory, you use that icon to stop the read/write so you can disco it as you want. I recommend just hiding it :)

:mad:
hmmmmmm

Thanks......... I'll keep trying. If I find a way, I'll post it !!!!

:mad:

:cool:

Wrong drivers, that happened with my DSL modem when it wasnt XP supported, unistall, remove it, install, replace.

it's 99% of the time not wrong drivers...The button is there because the device is USB thereefore removable and if you remove a device accessing memory suddenely without stopping it, it can cause a lock up or corrupted files

The only time a driver update helps is if the manufacturer takes the time to add the

Surpriseremoval ok string into the actual driver code before compiling, that way windows knows that the device can be removed suddenly without worrying about being stopped :)

that sounds good..... Guess I can live with the icon.

All I know is that my cousin told me he found a reg hack to get rid of the icon.... but he cant remember where he found it...

Thanks everyone !!

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back