• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help me...on shared drives

S

sparco

Ok...my drives are shared...you know...taht hand doesn't apear unde hdd simbol...but whem I open administrative tools>computer management>Shared Folders>Shares> i see something like: c$, d$, e$ IPC$...how can i unshare this...things...? i tried a lot of posibilities...and when i scan my computer with languard...it tells me cause i have AutoShareServer turned to 1....sow ho can i turn it to 0...please help

M

mafiafromrussia

i think that those have to be shared like that. so you can browse your own file. i'm not entorely sure about it thought. but dont worry. if you are on network they should be be shared with other computers as far as i know.

R

rettahc

the c$ and so on are administrative shares that are automatically created by windows. I not sure if this will work, but try right clicking on the drive select sharing and see if you can unshare it.

M

mafiafromrussia

when u unshare it. it comes back on next boot as i recall. so there's no point of doing it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies