Help me get out of debt?

Originally posted by Dave Holbon
Electronic Punk: -

Are you at Sheffield University as my son is also there? He is also running up debts as seem to be all students in the UK. The unexpected charges levied by the government about four years ago seem to have generated lots of income for property developers who seem to be undertaking developments at all major University sites and can now claim subsidies for same. This is outrageous as most students in the UK will leave owing in excess of £15k.

I am at Hallam, the polytechnic as I am doing a modern course...
Also have many friends at Sheffield uni as they are, of course, very close to each other.

Have noticed lots of new flats going up and the prices of houses are rediculous... I was paying aobut £35 / week for my accomidation standard stuff with nothing included.

The diverse nightlife is what stole my cash, the first year of university is an opportunity to experience this, then you realise that you have no cash left and have to work all summer to earn it back, you are then a little more careful the following year...

... in theory.

We shall see, i'm going into my second year at Teesside, so maybe i'm a little older, a little wiser, but I know that freshers week is like a giant leech on your bank balance! Unrelenting!

Oh well, at least i'll have the net this year to keep me from spending too much (i hope)

Freshers week is fantastic in Sheffield... free entry to all the clubs, free drinks and young ladies who need to be saved from their virginities...

hahah, I have done freshers week twice now...

Heard of Tall Trees in Yarm thats about it :p

Next clubbing venture will be to see Paul van Dyk @ Slinky next month... fabtastic .;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back