Help me find a SNES

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
Hi guys,

My girlfriend really wants a SNES, mostly to play Mario Kart but also a few others like Yoshi's Island etc if possible.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get one from thesedays?
Reps for helpful suggestions :)

Thanks.

There's eBay, but I'm sure you know that already. What about getting this thing and using an emulator? Or getting an Xbox360 controller (USB out of the box, no drivers needed!). Local game and hobby stores usually have a bunch, second-hand stores, too. The second-hand stores are probably cheaper than ebay.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
As above I'd recommend eBay, or an emulator (The cheapest option :)). You may also want to try some pawn shops, or places which deal with second hand electrical items, there's a few places in Stafford, Chips, Dalans, and even some places like GameStation which carry the occasional SNES, MegaDrive and Saturn, so I'm sure there must be somewhere you can pick one up in Brum :)

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political User
As above I'd recommend eBay, or an emulator (The cheapest option :)). You may also want to try some pawn shops, or places which deal with second hand electrical items, there's a few places in Stafford, Chips, Dalans, and even some places like GameStation which carry the occasional SNES, MegaDrive and Saturn, so I'm sure there must be somewhere you can pick one up in Brum :)
how much you wanna pay for one? how about an atari 2600? haha

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
I've actually got an emulator, but my gf wants to have one herself for in her bedroom, and also 2 player games can get a bit mad on one keyboard! The X-Box 360 pad sounds cool though, I forgot about those. Finally an MS joypad worth using!

I've looked on eBay but they seem to be surprisingly expensive. I think you're right that little game shops like Gamestation might be good, it's a start anyway. Thanks for the tips!

how much you wanna pay for one? how about an atari 2600? haha
No thanks! I've got an Amiga 600HD anyway :) Probably looking to spend about £25 - £30, depening on condition/games etc.

I mainly got the Xbox 360 controllers on mine because my wife likes N64 games like Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Banjo Tooie, and Bust-a-move. It's something we can do together for fun (especially Bust-a-move; she even lets me win sometimes!)

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
Hey nice find! I'm going to have a look in town tomorrow, bearing in mind that there's £10 postage on this baby, and if I can't find anything cheaper I think we may be getting one of these :)

Unless of course Perris buys them both and hold me to ransom! hehe.

Woah tittles that SNES looks a lot differnet than mine did.... I agree the whole DS thing but in order to get some multiplayer action you'd be paying $300 :dead:

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I don't know the full history of it, but the SNES in some areas of the world (I originally thought this to be all of the US, but could be wrong) was called the "Super Famicom" and was horribly square, where-as the European release was nice and rounded.

Edit:

Actually it was the super famicom in Japan, and Super Comboy in South Korea :D

Oh thats intresting, i've never seen that second US series either. I have the first US one and the one on the ebay link is the PAL one (yuck I dont like the design:lick: )

I wish I still had my NES and an SNES. Just for nostalgia. I have a N64 specifically for Mario Kart 64. One of the best racing games ever.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel