Help me decide!!....please.

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Basically, i want a new digital camera that can shoot good quality pics for around £200. I think 2MegaPixels should suffice and i will need at least 800x600 / 1024x768 rez.

Any suggestions would be great!..especially if you own the one you are recommending!

At 2Mpixels, you're looking at a 1600x1200 resolution...that will most definitely meet your needs and more! ;) I'd recommend the Canon Powershot A20 or the A40. Both have decent optical and digital zoom and camera people rave about it.

It can be had in the us for $200 (or about £122). Here is a link to it at a US site. If you can get it cheaper after shipping and VAT from the US (you're looking at about £20 to ship, I would venture), I would do it. Stuff is just less expensive here, and it only takes a few days to get to the UK anyway...

By the way, do you think the VAT will last long? Aren't people just up in a rage about it? If I were you, I would invade a ship full of electronics in the middle of the night dressed as Indians, then throw the electronics into the ocean! That'll teach em.

Definitely a Canon Powershot like HandyBuddy suggested. I've got the S30, which I bought a year ago for $450, and I absolutely love it! The design of the Powershot cameras is very nice, and the features are very impressive. A great resource for deciding on a camera is The Imaging Resource. You can find very extensive reviews for many cameras, along with photo samples from each of them.

Im not too insightful in this area... but i like the Sony Mavica, which is what i own. VERY packed with features... and it takes some really high quality pics... 4 mega pixels...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back