AVAST 4.5 Pro
AVAST 4.5 Home
Considering:
It shouldnt use a lot of resources
It must have good protection...
Wich one should i install?
Thanks.
(1.1 Giga, 512 RAM XP sp2)

avg, it's free, easy on the system resources and known to be a great av for windows

moi aussi, i also put it on any pc i fix, first i ask what av are u running and wait for their response of Norton or mcafee, then i say PFFFFFFFF!

Avast! is at version 4.6 (not 4.5) for free it would be a wise choice.

AVG... I had used the free version for a couple of years and I now have used the Pro version for about a year and a half. It works very well.

But it will depend on your preference. Go and do a search for one of the sites (I can't remember any of them ATM) that evaluates these AV programs and then deside.

besides being the best i just feel comfortable with everything avg had nod32 kinda has the same look, but i hated it

I use AVG 7 full and it rocks, only about 43$ if you wanna buy it, if not, the Free version is also pretty good... Just less options and control

when i get to canada ill buy it, as for now im using the free version and so is every computer that i see :p

Well I use NOD32 myself, I like it and never had any problems. For those of you that have suggested AVG, does anyone have a particular reason they would suggest AVG over NOD32, besides cost.

James

jpom said:
Well I use NOD32 myself, I like it and never had any problems. For those of you that have suggested AVG, does anyone have a particular reason they would suggest AVG over NOD32, besides cost.

James

NOD32 is a super program, but it still somewhat hogs up system resources. and always updating the code because of glitches. still top notch.

AVG's scanning engine was programed very well. few if not no system hang ups.

I agree. ^

1) Small footprint.
2) Free.
3) Easy to use.
4) Quick.
5) Effective.
6) Self managing.

Wow, that was the first time I've seen almost universal agreement on anything here.

I use Macafee Corp becasue it is free and has never failed me. If I didn't get Macafee for free I'd use AVG.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back