HELP linux FS in windows

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
does anyone know of a app or something that will let me read EXT2 on a windows box? and installing linux is not an option, does anyone know of any others???????????

you can always use Knoppix

theres no cdrom in this pc, only nic and hdd's but there is a linux formatted drive with importiant data on it. that too is a good one but it does not see the ext2 partition that PTmagic sees, is it a possibilty that it wont see it because it is on an ide card?

Unwonted said:
Will PM convert it to FAT32 or NTFS?
Just looked and seems PM only converts between FAT versions and NTFS.

well i give up for the night if i cant think of anything or nothing intresting come here then i will hvae to bring it to work and put it in the mandrake or suse box there

I take it this drive is from a different machine? Also is this ext2 drive a fulll linux install or just some files on a ext2 formatted drive. If a full install why not disconnect your master and make your ext2 drive master and burn files you need to cd?

you can try explore2fs, I've never used it [I use reiserfs on linux], but it should work

j79zlr said:
you can try explore2fs, I've never used it [I use reiserfs on linux], but it should work

Ditto, I use ReiserFS too (with rfstools in Windows), but I did try Explore2fs at some point when I was still using ext3, and it seemed to do the job.

Well I wouldn't think anything that read ext2 should really have troubles w/ ext3 as its just ext2 w/ journaling right?

I don't understand why it's so hard to find something to let Windows read linux filesystems. I mean, the linux subsystem is all opensourced and well documented, right? So someone must have come with the idea to take the source and create a program for Windows, without too many bugs (provided the programmer in question knows what's he's doing ;)). Can someone explain this to me?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back