• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HELP linux FS in windows

does anyone know of a app or something that will let me read EXT2 on a windows box? and installing linux is not an option, does anyone know of any others???????????

theres no cdrom in this pc, only nic and hdd's but there is a linux formatted drive with importiant data on it. that too is a good one but it does not see the ext2 partition that PTmagic sees, is it a possibilty that it wont see it because it is on an ide card?

well i give up for the night if i cant think of anything or nothing intresting come here then i will hvae to bring it to work and put it in the mandrake or suse box there

Xie

- geek -
I take it this drive is from a different machine? Also is this ext2 drive a fulll linux install or just some files on a ext2 formatted drive. If a full install why not disconnect your master and make your ext2 drive master and burn files you need to cd?

j79zlr said:
you can try explore2fs, I've never used it [I use reiserfs on linux], but it should work
Ditto, I use ReiserFS too (with rfstools in Windows), but I did try Explore2fs at some point when I was still using ext3, and it seemed to do the job.

Well I wouldn't think anything that read ext2 should really have troubles w/ ext3 as its just ext2 w/ journaling right?

I don't understand why it's so hard to find something to let Windows read linux filesystems. I mean, the linux subsystem is all opensourced and well documented, right? So someone must have come with the idea to take the source and create a program for Windows, without too many bugs (provided the programmer in question knows what's he's doing ;)). Can someone explain this to me?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix