help instaling sql server 200o on windows xp pro

D

dayle

i need help in installing ms sql server 2000 on windows xp pro sp1...on trying to install it i get this message

"Microsoft SQL Server Standart Edition server component is not supported on this operating system.Only Client components will be available for installation."

ive searched the forum and found nothing also searched google for tips but got nowhere...please assist

thanks
dayle

SQL SERVER 2000 comes bundled with Windows2000 Server core components. It is a server operating system software. There is no way you can install this on a client computer running XP/2000/...
Better... you may install it over 2000PRO/NT/9X but SQL installation will trash entirely client OS installation to overwrite it with its server system.

you can provide SQL client support by installing MSDE instead... it's a database Desktop Engine based on SQL architecture and will install over any MSclient system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back