HELP I Crash Every Time in 3D, Sometimes When Not!!!

G

Gorm Laben

I've got a serious problem. Every time I go into a 3D app I crash. Computer freezes up, sound either loops on a .2 sec loop or keeps going, have to hard boot. This is a brand spanking new system with numerous reinstalls. I've done everything except replace the PS and bring the BIOS one notch up from its 5/2002 incarnation. Crashes occur on fresh boots, open case, all fans running, no IRQ conflicts, all new drivers.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

SD

AMD Athlon XP 2100+
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP
PNY GeForce4 4400 Ti
Creative SB Live 5.1
Kingston PC2100 256 MB
80 MB UltraDMA
Plextor 12/10/32
On Board Ethernet
300 watts
Windows XP Pro

might be the power supply, then..? 300watts probably isn't enough for that kind of athlon, motherboard, and video card combination.

get BIGGER power supply....

that will solve the problem....:D

Update

I'll be upgrading my PS to an Enermax 430 watt. This has fixed similar problem for other techs. I'll post results in a couple days. If it's not this then maybe tweaking the voltage in BIOS??? Anyone have resources I can use to read up on this?

THanks for the help!

SD

good choice. enermax is king.

and you shouldn't have to fiddle with the stock voltages in your bios unless you're overclocking. if it doesn't run fine at the reference voltages, something else might be the problem.

Whoa do i know about this....

Go into your BIOS and change your VCORE to +10% BUT WATCH YOUR CPU TEMP.

That will fix your stablility issue. This is a BIG problem with this board and compatability with the GF4 cards.

Im currently going through the same thing myself. I have just bought a better power supply as well (Enermax) if that works and im able to reduce the Vcore setting i will let you know.

Check out the forums at forums.viaarena.com in the Gigabyte section for more on this....

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back