HELP-- How to Tweak a Gigabyte Board?

V

Valek

Hello Again Everybody,

Hope you all had a Great holiday. Before I begin let me say that this just may be a product of rather high expectations for this setup. Here it is:

Gigabyte GA-8IHXP MB (BIOS Rev. F7)
Intel P4 2.4 / 533 FSB
512MB PC1066 Kingston RDRAM (4x256 RIMMS)
Seagate Barracuda 80GB ATA100 HDD
Seagate 8GB HDD
3 Seagate Cheetah 18GB SCSI HDD's
nVidia GeForce 4 TI 4200
Hercules Game Theater XP Sound Card

What I am experiencing is that this computer, for all it has just seems to be running...well...sluggishly. I expect almost instantaneous opening of applications and their respective windows, program launching, etc...and it seems to jsut take it's sweet time. Honestly I don't really see much of an improvement over my old computer which was a P4 1.6Ghz with 512MB of PC 800 RDRAM...VERY little actually. I mean that's why I built this computer.

Does anyone out there have a Board and Processor setup similar that is getting the blazing performance one would expect and if so what are your settings, or does anyone know the particular BIOS settings that would kick in the afterburners?

I have the BIOS set to load optimal defaults, I defrag every night all HDDs, I don't really know what else to do.

I do i have just about everything u have but i have a GA-7VAXP with a 2.1 amd. When u load it up with lots of crap it tends to get gay but i found some tweaks that might work I am making a site that has lots of tweaks i have found usfull. I am almost done and will get it to u asap.

PS Have u been using the Easytune program it is great for overclocking u sould try it.

Thanks Dude

I forgot to mention that I was running XP Pro w/ all updates and SP1. As of this writing I have just finished reformatting and reinstalling my OS because of some freakiness with IE6 SP1 causing my browser to totally hang and go not responding if I click on ANY link on the home page. I have not...and at this point don't think I am going to...d/l any patches or updates. The system I must say is much "zippier" now. I also didn't install the Intel Application Accelerator this time around. I remembered reading that there might have been implications of it actually SLOWING the system down.

Actually I did d/l Easytune 4 this time around and was going to install it to see how well it performed. Any tips or suggestions on using it?

Can't wait to read your other tips and tweaks. Thanks for the reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back