help!!! Highpoint RocketRaid 1640 lost config file

D

davemcp

Hi all,
I need some help with a Highpoint RocketRaid 1640 Raid controller with 4 500GB seagate SATA drives. This server was running in a remote location and it was a couple months before I found out that one of the drives had failed. I attempted a recovery by adding a new drive and rebuiding the array. After 3 days the rebuild failed. So I decided to move the array into a newer machine with faster processor and more RAM. I installed the drivers and when asked about deleting the configuration, I had a senior moment and deleted it. Now I have the drives and controller in a new box and the controller recognizes the drives but not the array. Highpoint has been absolutely worthless asking me if I installed drivers etc. after I have repeatedly expained the problem and asked for a utility to scan the drives and rebuild the configuration file so that the card will recognize the array and I can recover my data.
Can anyone out there provide me with info on how to rebuild my config file without reinitializing the drives and loosing my data?
Thanks
RocketRaid 1640
Bios 3.06
highpoint management console: 3.09
Driver: 2.7.8.707

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back