help! GTA 3 wont run at all!

B

bighouse

I am running an AMD 1.4 with a GF2 MX 400...GTA 3 wont run...no error messages, nothing except the "R" (company symbol)

whadoIdo?

OK...I did it and I get the same result...what next?

Thanks for helping...

No, it shows the symbol...it disappears, and nothing else happens...NO lockup.

make sure u have the right cd in the cdrom and get all necessary patches

its definitely an XP problem...I installed it/booted up in 98 an it ran fine...

I dont know what else to do...I think I have all the XP patches/updates!

Goto your gta3 folder/movies, and delete the intro movies. start the game up again, just press spacebar 2 or 3 times, and it should work fine

yep that should always be your first step to fixing a problem
read the readme file

I had the same problem and after installing microsoft's patch it worked fine

I tried that...it still doesnt work...all I get is the "R" symbol and then it acts like I never did a thing...no lockup.

couldnt it be a direct x 8.1 issue? When I ran dxdig there is an error/failure in Direct 3D...

i suggest that u go to gamecopyworld.com and find the GTA3 NO-CD #2 crack... :)

I suggest that u go to gamecopyworld.com and find the GTA3 NO-CD #2 crack.. I had problems loading saved games and I applied the patch and I could loaad up games.. You could try that.. but back up GTA3.EXE FIRST!

E-Eyt!

I had the same problem myself after installing Xp, although not with GTA3 since i never played it on Pc, however with every game that requires directx 8 or above, i have a gainward geforce2 mx 64mb, which worked fine in win98, but not at all in Xp...

I also got the same problem when running dxdiag, the way to solve is to download directX panel, go to direct 3d and tick the "allow hardware acceleration" box, that should solve the problem, atleast it did for me, now everything runs fine so, hope that helped...

Seems to have something with geforce 2 mx and Xp to do, i know the Geforce 2 mx'es aren't fully Dx8 compatible, but really, stupid error... =/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back