Help! frequency out of range

sindustrial777

OSNN Addict
I messed up big time! When fiddeling with my settings in ati's catalyst control center i accidently put the resolution on a setting my monitor cannot function at. Now when i boot up and pass the boot menus and stuff which are at a low res, and i get to my main desktop (which I want back at 1024x768) it says frequency out of range on my monitor and theres nothing i can do. The only reason i can send this message is because of safe mode + networking. I've tried a lot of things such as getting into catalyst by safe mode (that doesnt detect video card) and I tried unplugging and replugging my card but its obviously the catalyst driver which is on my harddrive. I do have onboard video but dont know how to revert to that to switch the settings. I'm in quite a pickle and could use some help. I have a ATI x700 Pro PCI-E.

Remove your video card driver via the windows control panel add/remove programs dialogue. Reboot. Re-install Catalyst.

*3 cheers for system restore!!*

Knocked my PC back to the settings it had as of sunday with system restore in safe mode and that did the trick! Thanks for the suggestions though.

Just for future reference you can boot up in safe mode and remove the drivers then reboot into normal windows and reinstall. Might be easier, and wont lose any other settings and such.

Remove the drivers would have been easier. But at least you got it fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back