Help find the cure to Cancer and/or Anthrax.

Have been running for 26 hours, my best guess is that it is trying to create a protein that will bind to an anthrax molecule, if it does this it can set flags that will cause T-cells to create something that will break this down and get them removed.

Or even something that will bind to the anthrax molecule filling its active site and making it useless.

I dunno, I haven't studied biology or chemistry for ages tho.
Will be searching for different proteins by combining amino acids tho

doh - didn't realise my science teacher was in here... looks like detention for me ;)

MdSalih

Sounds a very good cause, 'tis downloading as we speak. Thanks lonman.

Hey I had to learn something during A-levels
Chemistry - The teacher was my tutor and about 7 foot, a monster. My hosuemaster too.
Biology - Free coffee, caffiene seems to syimulate my mind

Originally posted by gothic
Sounds a very good cause, 'tis downloading as we speak. Thanks lonman.
Thanks goes to waddy... he had it posted as a news article a couple days ago... I just picked up on it and posted in here. thx waddy, it is a good cause and it's interesting too.

My second run. 27hours, 76%, no hits. I think I'm testing a placebo. :p

Despite what ever bullshit u feed me... THIS IS NOT HEALTHY!!!

fuk-anthrax.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

MdSalih - What did i break ?

P.S. If you can't see it click here:
http://www.mdsalih.d2g.com/temp/fuk-anthrax.jpg

If u cant even see it there click the attachment...

Md, don't worry just think how many points you will get when it completes, I don't think each segment is exactly the same size.

ok so what assurance have you that this prog does not send info back to anyone about you or your system or whats on it

Firstly... it does send hardware info back... about your system...
...and also if MS want info on your system all they have to do is make a nice little neat package and make it a "windows update" or "Service Pack" etc...

next thing about bugs viruses...

...powered/sposored and supported by Intel and MicroSoft (.net)... they would check it out properly... they need the lawyers for there next court case against linux/lindows...

MdSalih

I got a good one this time... 42 hits already, only 16% done - been goin' for 7 hours now... It's cool when you get the hits addin' up.

79 % 124 hrs... 98 hits... is that good ? how good is a hit... what does it represent ?

MdSalih

When a molecular conformation docks successfully and triggers an interaction with the protein, it registers as a "hit." Hits have different levels of strength, but any one hit may be the one that will ultimately lead to a cure. All hits are all recorded, ranked for strength of interaction, and filed for the next stage of the project.

Mine is stuck.

test.jpg

Its been like that for 2 days now, not 1 percent more :confused:

Keep at it Unisol..Happened to me before, it might be fine. Some Units just take longer than others. If not and you are truly stuck I will try to find the info on how to dump that work unit and get a new one.

Unisol here you go....

Exit the UD Agent. Go into your United Devices file (found in Program Files/United Devices as default) and delete the cs.us file. Restart the Agent and it should attempt to initiate a connection to the server.

Ah its going now m8, thanks alot, its because you cant run SETI@home + United Devices Software :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back