Help! DVD drive...might...have...died...

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hi! This one's new. Something's up with my DVD drive. If I attempt to burn any cd, what so ever, whether its music, my files on a cdr, or anything, it will not go. In Nero, the cd buffer hovers around 2 or 3, and thats it. Or simply nothing happens at all. It recognizes the drives though. I thought it might be something with my dvd drive, so I borrowed my girlfriends IBM CD drive, just a plain ole drive, and stuff burns fast and fine. Whats up with that? :p I think my DVD drive kicked the bucket. Does anyone have any ideas what might be up with it?

Thanks
Nick

Hmmm....your CD-RW reads cds, so just make an image of it and then burn it. Burning on the fly can cause all kinds of errors. Does it play DVDs though?

Also, 6 case fans? Geezo, are you deaf by now? I've got 1 (2 power supply and cpu fan also) case fan and putting one in the front almost makes me go deaf.

I have tried not burning on the fly, still same problem. It plays DVDs, but thats about it. Windows also wouldn't install from it. I have 3 in the back, including power supply, 2 in the front, 2 on side, and one inside, that pumps air through the power supply. Also there is the cpu fan, and the Nvidia Card Cooler thingy, which is as loud as the cpu fan. Man, I have music constantly playing, loud, so I don't hear it, and if I don't, then I'm used to it, so no, not really deaf :)

I'd agree, newegg.com has LG and Lite-on (respectable brands) for 40 bucks or so...the LGs are out of stock, but I hear they're a bit quieter.

I like my Hitachi GD 7500, if you can find one go for it. It's 12x and averages DAE rips at 10x. ANd pretty damn quiet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back