HELP!!! does anyone know how to...

Z

zoloft5

ok here's my story.

I got a bunch of internet shortcuts... and i changed the icon of the shortcut to my z://icons/UNKNOWNNAME.ICO

but then my z drive crashed so i reformated it... now all my internet shortcut icons are blank. I can't find what I called that UNKNOWNNAME.ICO file for the life of me

it's not in the Desktop.ini file where it is for when i change the icon of a folder....

it's somewhere though.. but where? thanks

and if i knew the name of what i called the ico file...

then i could just put the icon there and all my 1000 or so internet shortcuts that i pointed to that very icon file would reappear

go control panel then folder types then file types look for internet shortcut and fiddle with the settings cant b bothered to type detailed s*it im too tired:eek:

umm, ya, i just looked into that...

that's 4 the default icon file of all internet shortcut icons

but I changed 1000 "certain" icons these shortcut icons i changed were the ones in my movies folders that pointed to imdb database....

i don't want to change allllllllllll the internet shortcut icons to the wierd looking imdb favicon.ico just the 1000 shortcuts that point to the imdb site

what your telling me to do is just change every internet shortcut to a certain icon..

that's not what i'm doin...

4 example..... drag the address of a certain url to your desktop ... and then change the icon

well=- that change only effects to that certain url shortcut.. not every single url on your entire system

now..... when u changed that url icon to the new one... now go and delete the icon you pointed it to. the icon will now show up as blank-

well I did 1000 of them - all pointed to the imdb favicon.ico file that I renamed and saved to a folder on my z drive.

when my z drive crashed.. well all 1000 of my time consuming icon changed now are showing up as blanks:(

and I can't seem to know what i called the ico...and it aint in the desktop.ini file like the folder icon changed i've done

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back