Help design Zoom Player Icon set

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Blight from www.inmatrix.com has asked if I could post up about making some graphics for the application Zoom Player

He needs an icon set that can manage 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 (those are all the standard sizes right?)

The icons need to be both in 256 and alpha-blended modes. 256 colors (for older than XP) and alpha blended for XP ...

Incase you didn't know Zoom Player is a media player for windows, other than that I can't really offer any advise on how it should look - current icon is a magnifying glass for example.

Anyway, the author of the best set of icons will recieve a Zoom Player WMV Professional licence (usually $29.95) and of course the recognition of being the Zoom Player icon designer!!

Have fun! I will add any more details as I recieve them!

Interesting.. might give it a shot. :)

A few snaps!

Attachments

• ZoomPlayer1.jpg
    ZoomPlayer1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 248
  • ZoomPlayer2.jpg
    ZoomPlayer2.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 930
Would be nice if could be ready asap for the next release! :D

In the 2 attached files... Does the icon need to be those or can it be made from scratch?

I did make one, but I used some other 2 icons and combinedthemtogether. The problem was that they were copyrighted. I'll see if Ican change them some how.

The icon posted is the current icon - just for example.
The other screenshot is how Zoom Player looks incase you have never, for some reason, had a look at it.

Sounds good bk.

Not an icon expert.. my first try. :p The background was supposed to be transparent.. didn't work. :s

Not sure how good that would look at 16x16 :)
Forgot about this for a bit so have stuck it up the top :)

Electronic Punk said:
Not sure how good that would look at 16x16 :)
Forgot about this for a bit so have stuck it up the top :)

Yah, that was my 'first' shot at making icons. :p

Are you looking for icons, like a play button, kind of like this?... (This might be a bit too detailed for the smaller sizes, but it's more to get a grasp of the concept you're looking for...)

Attachments

• Play button 72.jpg
    Play button 72.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 892
Yeah, I guess it is quite important that it looks good at all sizes as ZP is still used on alot of older systems

Played with it a bit just for fun... Just wanted to see how these look on the web...
I guess the 16x16 are still pretty hard to read...

Attachments

• Buttons2.jpg
    Buttons2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 336
One last crack at it, then off to bed...

Attachments

• Buttons3.jpg
    Buttons3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 162
I will talk to Blight and see if you are heading down the right way :)
I imagine he would like something that makes full use of the space available, but I will see :)

You seem to be enjoying yourself anyway :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back