Help decide on GPU and PSU

prinsipe

Not Too eXPerienced
Guys I need your expertise here, I'm planning to buy a GPU and a PSU so please help me decide....

- for the GPU which one would be better?

1. Inno3D Geforce GTS 250

or

2. Palit- GTS 250 (1024MB)

- and for the PSU I have one question, if the GPU requirement says 25A on the 12 Rail, is it ok to have Dual rail with 19A on each rail? Would that be a total of 36A or 19A still? please help total Noob here........

Thanks for any input....

Last edited:
mmm.. the palit seems to have slightly better clocks (i checked on newegg cos the site doesnt list em)
whats the price on each?

about the psu.. is that for these cards? cos if u check the inno site it asks for a 25A minimum
anyway.. im not sure if dual rails doubles the amp rate (since its never 100% efficient), but its not gonna be 19 like with the two lanes separated, theyre combined

mmm.. the palit seems to have slightly better clocks (i checked on newegg cos the site doesnt list em)
whats the price on each?

about the psu.. is that for these cards? cos if u check the inno site it asks for a 25A minimum
anyway.. im not sure if dual rails doubles the amp rate (since its never 100% efficient), but its not gonna be 19 like with the two lanes separated, theyre combined

yep it's for these cards epk, (sorry for the typo it should have been 25Amp in the first place) so 19A on a 12V dual rail is equal to 38A? Am I understanding it correctly?

You need to look at the total amps the PSU provides.

I have seen dual rail PSU's rated at 15 amps on each rail but the total amps was only 25.

mmm.. my guess is that the total amps on the +12v rail is around 30 (i think it says on the side of the psu, but i cant read it with the pics being so small).. should work, but if the difference is not too big, maybe u can buy a slightly better one and be sure

Enlarged

Attachments

• rap.jpg
    rap.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 161
I don't see you having any issues with that PSU and GPU. the PSU is SLI ready so they wouldn't allow you to have to worry about 1 card in there as opposed to the advertised two. Any particular reason you are focused on that particular GPU and PSU?

I don't see you having any issues with that PSU and GPU. the PSU is SLI ready so they wouldn't allow you to have to worry about 1 card in there as opposed to the advertised two. Any particular reason you are focused on that particular GPU and PSU?

not really, just want to be sure that I meet the requirement and with some to spare....thanks for the pic American Zombie...so it will be 32A then because
A= W/V (384/12=32)...

thank you so much guys.....

Last edited:
yeah.. thanks AZ for the pic :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back