Help choosing new vid card

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
Im searching for a good vid card to put in the computer i am going to build...i have priced everything but the vid card and case at the moment it is $1005 so i was looking for a vid card around $300.

Any ideas on which one i should choose?

Also any ideas on a $50 case? I cant decide what case to get yet

Here is the computer I am building if it makes a diffrence on which card to buy.

Lite On 52x32x52 Black Color CDRW Drive LTR-52327S - OEM $34

AMD ATHLON XP 2800 "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- OEM $136

WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 120GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE
MODEL # WD1200JB - OEM, DRIVE ONLY $104

GEIL DDR RAM 512MB PC-3200 Value 400MHz Ultra $87

GEIL DDR RAM 512MB PC-3200 Value 400MHz Ultra $87

ABIT NF7-S $112

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - RETAIL $129

Logitech Z-680 5.1 Metallic Silver Speaker 500Watt THX Certified
with Dolby Digital - RETAIL $284

LITE-ON XJ-HD166S/XJ-HD165H 16X DVD ROM Drive $31.99

for around $300 you can either buy an all-in-wonder 9700pro OR you can try and get a 9800pro... :)

btw.. for the speakers consider the new 5300's from logitech.. they are about $100 cheaper than the ones you are getting and have well over 500 watts output :) a nice set...

btw... can you post the link to the site you got your memory from ?

I am considering some purchases and that looks quite nice :)

Ok ill look in too one of those 2 cards....just noticed i forgot to get a powersupply lol those are kind of important.

All the prices are off of http://www.newegg.com they have some good sales right now it seems

just to comment on your hdd, i have the exact same one and i love it. havent found anything wrong with it yet.

Ditto on the HD had mine for 2 weeks. Got it for $108-$50=$58 WD rebate (helluva sale). Saw it for $69 after rebate this weekend (compusa, best buy, circuit city or officemax can't remember which).

Best Buy has the lite on (not black) for $19.95 this week. Or there is a lite-on combo cdrw/dvd player for less than the $66 seperate ones. Lite-on is making great optical drives. good backup capability, quiet and inexpensive.

Go Antec or Enlight on the power supplies. If a power supply craps out it can take the entire PC with it. Spend the extra.

alright thanks for the info ill start searching for which stores had the big rebates this week. only live a block from circuit city hope its them :)

One also to look into perhaps...a Nvidia FX5900 non-Ultra such as the Leadtek A350. Should give roughly the performance of an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.

There's a cheap 5900FX non ultra at newegg.com for only $195.00, free shipping, and it doesn't take up a PCI slot (not like the first PCI slot is used though)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back