Help choosing a 8 gig MP3 Player

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all,

Looking to buy a MP3 player for the other half for her birthday next month, and I was hoping you could supply me with some good suggestiongs and pros/cons for each :)

Now please no flaming against ipods etc, personally I think the ipods have great interfaces but itunes does my head in. So they can be considered.

Also it only needs to be focused on music playback rather than video so an archos PMP/ipod touch etc would be over the top :)

Thanks and looking forward to your suggestions :)

Yeah, I would go with the zen. In fact, I am going to be getting one here soon. I have an ipod now. You don't have to use itunes for ipods. I have a program called anapod for mine. You can also use it on the zen. You have to get the right one for the device though. I only paid $25.00 for it .. It's a good program ..

Info: http://www.redchairsoftware.com

The thing you have to remember with anapod is that it runs on vista, but not the same as it does on xp. They are working on it though.

I've got to big up the creative zen again :p Had one for a few years, til it was stolen /sadfaic

Friend of mine swears by some sleak looking black sony thing.. can't think of the model right now, I may hunt it down

That looks good, falcon. The zen I want also has an sd card slot in it.

That is the only draw back indy. But if you think about it. is it really a draw back? I mean the possibilities for it are pretty good ... I am sure sooner or later; they will have it where you can use both at the same time.

... I am sure sooner or later; they will have it where you can use both at the same time.

I doubt that the new X-fi has exactly the same problem :( however i will live it knowing you can wack in a 32gig sd hc :) still looking into it one of the new sony's is supposed to be good too (one where you dont have to use hopeless software)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back