HELP!!! chip underclocked

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok i just put a new heatsink on my CPU, i cleaned off the silver crap and all put it back in right and everything, i booted up and it said warning new processer installed. so i thought it was all ok but my cpu is now running at 1.2ghz not 1.6 it is an amd xp 2000+, i did not move any jumpers and i did nothing with the bios, how can i get it back up to speed?

Tell your bios what bus speed and clock multiplier settings you are using. Proc = prcoessor

ok all i knof for this is what the FSB is i dont know what the multypler is and u says bus speed is that the same as the FSB?????

Originally posted by canadian_divx
ok here goes nothing give me 5-10 min to reply t say if it works

:confused: tick tock... not looking good :huh:

he shouldn't have any kind of options to mess with the multipliers unless the cpu is unlocked which I doubt it is. just set your fsb to 133 there isn't a 266 option (its just 133x2) and it should register just fine.

heh, so i fogot a detail... :) any odds he's looking for the 266 option?

Also, doesn't matter if its locked, it doesn't affect the motherboard. The MB can run what ever it wants... not saying it will work though. Basically, it detected his CPU ran at a certain FSB, but didn't try to guess the multplier. This is normal. Its not hard to fix.

i was looking for the 266 option and on my nforce mobo there is a 266fsb setting. i have done everything and no luck, i have changed the fsb to all my options and no luck, i updated the bios and no luck, now what?

Processor Speed: XP 2000+ Processor*
Cache Size: 384KB
Processor Socket: Socket A
Bus Speed: 266MHz (133x2)
Processor Class: AMD Athlon

*Actual clock speed is 1.67GHz

yea i got that info from amd but i can get my mobo to say that
i need to get it back up there

i cant see anything in the bios that lets me change the fsb. there is a rumper on my mobo tho for it and it is set at 300\266

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back